Balance. Doesn't that sound nice? Imagine having more than enough time to go to school, do your homework, participate in sports or clubs, have a job, and hang out with your friends and family regularly. Sounds amazing, right?
I'm here to tell you that it is possible to do all those things while still getting the recommended amount of sleep. I'm going to walk you guys through some tips to make the most of your daily 24 hours and balance your life out.
1. Cut out anything you don't want to be doing. Obviously you still need to do your physics homework. But what about that club that you're only a part of because you put your name down at freshman orientation and now you're trapped in the never ending GroupMe notifications? If something isn't benefiting your life or is making things unnecessarily difficult, drop it!!
2. Prioritize your friends with the other things you have to do. I dance with all of my best friends, which is awesome because I automatically get to see them 8 hours a week. It can be hard to make plans when everyone has tons going on, but finding time to hang out with your friends during things you have to do anyways really helps. Form a weekly study group to bust out that impossible homework and catch up with your friends. Work on your volunteer hours together, or anything you can think of!! It also makes things you have to do way more fun if you're doing it with the people you love!!
3. Make an effort to eat dinner with your family. There are 3 kids in my family and we're all so busy, but when we can, my family always eats together. It's nice to catch up with them at the end of the day and see how everyone's day is going. I also believe that eating together is something you reserve for the people you love, so bonding over food is even better.
4. Put your phone away while you're doing homework. It's only going to distract you. Give yourself a few minutes at the end of the school day to unwind, and then jump straight into your work. Think of how much faster you would get things done if you weren't distracted by your phone!! We all know it's true.
5. Use time in the car to get stuff done. Before I started driving (even though I still only have my permit) I used to study in the car. Get the Quizlet app!! I promise it will change your life!! You can study vocab in the car, or finish your book for lit. I also like to use time during the school day to finish stuff up. If you finish something in class early, work on another assignment instead of going on your phone. I know it's tempting, but think of how nice it would be to have it out of the way and not have to do it at home!!
6. Plan ahead. If you know you have a game the night before a big test, spend time studying before the night before the test. Studying a little bit each day also really helps. Instead of having to spend hours the night before, spending 15 minutes every night studying will really pay off (especially when you do it in the car!!). Use your time wisely.
7. Use a planner. I feel like I mention this in every single blog post, but it is SO ESSENTIAL. It's so nice to see what you have going on. It can help you figure out when you have time to grab lunch with your bestie, when you should start studying for a test, when things are due, etc. It will decrease so much stress, I promise. Use a paper one, use your phone, anything you need to help you balance everything out.
I hope these tips can help you guys de-stress, manage your time wisely, and find balance!! Here's to a stress free week! :)
Thank you for reading!! See ya later! <3