Happy May, my friends! It's a new month which means a new, fresh start. This is a new opportunity to set new goals for the next 31 days. So for the new month I have 31 ideas of how to make May your best month yet!
1. Forgive yourself. Maybe you've been making some mistakes lately. Now is the perfect time to change it up. Let go of your past and move forward.
2. Paint your nails. Its easier to conquer the world when your nails look good.
3. Make some new friends. That girl in your math class that you're been dying to get to know? Yeah, go talk to her and make a new gal pal!
4. Start a journal. I'm telling you guys, keeping a journal is going to solve about 96.8% of your problems, so grab a pen and start learning about yourself!
5. Eat something healthy. Just try one healthy food this month. See how you like it. If it works for you, eat some more of it, and if not throw it away and go grab some fries. Either way you tried something new!
6. Have a dance party. Dance parties are underrated and good for the soul. Have a dance party with your friends, your family, or just have a dance party all by yourself.
7. Go outside. Take an adventure. Get some sunshine (but don't forget your sunscreen).
8. Spend less time on social media. We all know we spend too much time on it. I'm not asking you to give it up, just spend more time looking at the world and less time looking at your screen.
9. Read a new book. Reading is seriously amazing and you'd be surprised how much you can learn from a book. If you need some recommendations you can ask in the comments below or DM me on Instagram @finding.something.beautiful .
10. Listen to country. I know, I know, it's twangy and annoying. I felt the same way. But then I learned that good memories are made with country music playing in the background. Give it a try.
11. Take more pictures. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "Man, I wish I hadn't taken so many pictures" (unless their storage is full). Document those memories and show your kids later.
12. Spend more time with your family. If you're in high school, you only have up to 4 years left with them. Make it count. Sometimes its worth it to say no to plans with friends and hang out with the fam.
13. Drink more water. Hydration is a major key.
14. Study hard for finals...
15. ...but don't beat yourself up if your grade isn't perfect. You are an intelligent young being and your grades don't define you.
16. Hang out with your friends and nix the phones. Instead of using FaceTime, have some actual face time. Your time is better spent being present in the moment with your friends rather than worrying about what everyone else is doing.
17. Hang out with some kiddos!! Kids are ALWAYS in need of a positive role model, so be one for them!! Teach them the wisdom you've acquired along the way. Babysit, volunteer, do what you need to do to interact with them and teach them what you know.
18. Treat your face right. Your face is the first thing people see when they meet you, so show them the best version of your beautiful self. This doesn't mean you need to cake on makeup (although if that's your thing, go for it!), it just means that you should show your face a lil' extra love. I suggest using Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser (it's green) as a makeup remover/cleanser, Clean & Clear's Morning Burst hydrating gel moisturizer, and Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Gel.
19. Stop caring about what other people think. Put on a brave face, be confident in who you are, and do your own dang thing!!
20. Tell people you love them. Tell your mom, your dad, your siblings, your dog, your friends, EVERYONE.
21. Know that your body is beautiful and is the perfect body for whatever clothes or bathing suit you want to wear. Don't let people tell you otherwise. They're lying to you.
22. Ask people for advice. Chances are at least one person out there has something valuable to tell you that you can learn from.
23. Don't get back together with the person who cheated on you. I know, you love them. But it's not a good idea. You need time to heal. People change, but please protect your heart. It's vital.
24. Gossip less. It's easier said than done. We could all work on this.
25. If someone sends you a song, listen to it! They took the time out of their day to share it with you and it means they were thinking about you when they heard it. That's pretty cool, so give it a listen.
26. Give people the benefit of the doubt. That girl who everyone says is super weird? Don't judge her until you've met her. I'm sure she is a beautiful soul and is so worth getting to know.
27. Listen to love songs. Find love that makes you feel like the love songs.
28. Don't date a boy who doesn't make you feel like the girl in Jesse McCartney's "Beautiful Soul." This is crucial.
29. Listen to more throwbacks. High School Musical, the Jonas Brothers, and Hannah Montana are SO essential.
30. Learn more about your family history. Talk to your parents, your grandparents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles. Learn everything you can because you never know how long you'll be able to get the information for.
31. Ask him out already. It's 2017. You don't have time to be waiting around for a boy. You have things to do. You're too busy changing the world with your awesomeness to wait and see if he's going to ask you on a date. TBH, he might not even know you're waiting on him. Boys aren't all that great on picking up the very obvious hints you've laid out for them.
Anddddd because I'm so nice I'm going to give you extra thing to do which is:
32. Watch Moana. You have to. I don't care if you don't want to. Do it anyways. It's very important.
I hope these can help you all have a FANTASTIC MONTH OF MAY!! If you want to, let me know in the comments which of these you plan on using/enjoy using (lol I sound like such a YouTuber BUT I ACTUALLY REALLY WANNA KNOW BECAUSE I TRULY LOVE YOU ALL).
Thank you so much for reading!! See ya later! <3