Creative title, right? I'm just going to go ahead and jump into this article today! It's going to be in list-form because that's kinda the vibe I've been digging lately, so let's jump in!
1. Do more of what makes you happy. Don't worry about what people think about it!! Just do what makes you happy, and hang out with the people that make you feel loved, listen to the music that you enjoy, and just live a lil! You don't have time to waste in situations that bring negative vibes.
2. Don't waste time on people who wouldn't do the same for you. Life is too short to spend time worrying about what your "friends" think about you. If you don't feel 100% genuinely comfortable with you friends, then you probably don't need them. You shouldn't ever have any doubt about whether they like you or not. Real friends make you feel loved and included, and that's what you deserve, so don't waste your time on the people who aren't willing to put in effort to a friendship and go focus on being the best friend you can possibly be for the people who truly care about you.
3. Your boyfriend is not your wallet. He's your boyfriend. This goes for anything, but focus more on how much fun you have with them than how much they paid for you to have it. Dating is about spending time with a person, not focusing on how much they make.
4. Communication is key. Talk about the messy parts of your life. Tell people how you really feel. I used to be super bad at communication which lead to a lot of problems, so I've learned just how important it is to communicate the feelings you have as you have them instead of bottling them up for later. Bottling eventually leads to an explosion and mistakes that could have easily been prevented, so do yourself a favor and listen to your feelings and share what needs to be shared.
5. Get rid of the stress. The first half of junior year was quite honestly the worst semester of my life. I was stressed 25/8 and took it out on everyone. But... the second semester has truly been the best of my life. I've never been happier with the situations and people in my life, and it's taught me that life is actually really good and I probably don't need to cry every night about my math class. Life gets increasingly happier when you just realize that a class and a grade doesn't define you and trying your best while genuinely enjoying life is the best of both worlds.
6. Drive. I love driving. It helps clear my head, and it puts me in a great mood. I love rolling down the windows and putting on some country tunes or a podcast (yes, I listen to podcasts). So go for a drive or find your driving equivalent and give yourself some time to think and clear up your thoughts and get in a good mindset.
7. Sleep more. I just learned that my body really needs at least 7 hours of sleep and giving it that has been one of the best decisions of my life.
8. Find a way to be genuinely happy for people. Learn to love hearing every detail of your best friend's first date even when you have never been on one of your own. Learn to be proud of the person who got into their dream college without feeling jealously for not hearing back from yours. It can be tough, and jealously can sink in, but try to push past that and quit comparing your life to theirs.
9. Use the "perfect" girl for motivation, not comparison. We all have that person on Instagram that we regularly stalk because everything about their life is exactly what you want for yours. Instead of comparing yourself to them and getting down on yourself for not being them, use them for inspiration. Try the workout they use, find the recipe for whatever delishhhh food picture they posted, or use their profile for fashion inspo. You don't need to be anybody but yourself, so just learn from people and cut the comparison.
10. Get out of the situations you don't want to be in. Depending on what it is, it may not be possible. Like you still have to go to school, but if you're in a club or a sport or a class that is stressing you out, then try and find a way to separate yourself from it. You don't deserve to be surrounded with demands for things that cause you more stress than benefit. Instead, fill your time with the things that make you excited to be alive and don't waste your time on things that you just don't enjoy.
11. Play more cards. I feel like card games are highly underrated and under appreciated and should be played more.
I hope you have a great rest of your day!!! Try some of these out! :)